TENNIS – FOR THE HEALTH OF IT! (Part 1)
Tennis can improve your overall health, including your mental and physical fitness,
according to world-renowned scientists from a variety of disciplines. Here are the facts:
- People who play tennis three hours per week at a moderately vigorous intensity cut in half their risk of death from any cause.
- Tennis players scored higher in vigor, optimism and self-esteem while scoring lower in depression, anger, confusion, anxiety and tension than other athletes and nonathletes.
- Since tennis requires alertness and tactical thinking, it may generate new connections between nerves in the brain and promote a lifetime of continuing brain development.
- Tennis outperforms golf and most other sports in developing positive personality characteristics.
- Competitive tennis burns more calories than aerobics or cycling.
See you on the courts!
This article was written by admin